Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » OT Name that tune...Classic rock Edition

Author Topic: OT Name that tune...Classic rock Edition
Ogdens
Member # 5312

posted 09-22-2000 02:59 PM     Profile for Ogdens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something to get you digging through your album collection!

1. "Stand up next to a mountain chop it down with the edge of my hand" (Edited!)

2. "Aint got no love no love love you'd call real, aint got nobody waiting at home"

3. "well you knew someday you'd have a whole lot of money and be a millionaire but that didn't happen overnight I found out how much you really care"

4. "I was born under a bad sign left out in the cold, I'm a lonely man who knows just what it means to lose control"

5. "He looks like a man but he smiles like a reptile she loved him she loved him but..just for a short while"

6. "well i'm sittin' on this barstool talking like a damn fool got the 12 o'clock news blues"

7. "Taking a drink cool from the fridge walk from the table, I drink a toast you were the most the night before"

8. "If you like to gamble I'll show you how it's done, you win some loose some it's all the same to me"

9. "How many ways to get what you want, I use the best, I use the rest I use the enemy I use A.....

And one of the best songs ever played at any party anywhere!!

10."Well, we drank champagne and danced all night Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
She said, little boy won't you come home with me"

Have a safe weekend.

[This message has been edited by Ogdens (edited 09-22-2000).]

Posts: 1288 | From: Lake Geneva, WI USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 09-22-2000 03:24 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
10) "L-O-L-A Lola" by the Kinks

[This message has been edited by Sulla (edited 09-22-2000).]

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 09-22-2000 03:25 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
#10 LOLA by the Kinks

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
-E
Member # 1079

posted 09-22-2000 03:26 PM     Profile for -E   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
2. VH - Runnin' With The Devil
10. Kinks - Lola

Posts: 81 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 09-22-2000 03:26 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LOL.
Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
stag

Member # 0

posted 09-22-2000 03:26 PM     Profile for stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
8. Motorhead; "Ace of Spades"

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
MrRong
Member # 4950

posted 09-22-2000 03:27 PM     Profile for MrRong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The only one I know is #1

Voodoo Chile(slight return) Jimi Hendrix,
Electric Ladyland was the album

Oh yeah, it's "stand up next to a mountain..."

Have a nice weekend!

------------------
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."

Posts: 209 | From: Daytona Beach, FL USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 09-22-2000 03:27 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sulla! You beat me by only a minute!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VMF-124_Gramps

Member # 0

posted 09-22-2000 03:28 PM     Profile for VMF-124_Gramps     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
1) Voodoo Child, Jimmie Hendrix.
Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Ogdens
Member # 5312

posted 09-22-2000 03:30 PM     Profile for Ogdens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yep..blew that one MrRong!

Nice album cover
Cheers

PapaRomeo
Member # 2897

posted 09-22-2000 03:37 PM     Profile for PapaRomeo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
#5) David Bowie, "Jean Jeannie"

Happy Weekend, fellas!

PR

Posts: 949 | From: Springfield, Virginia, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-22-2000 04:28 PM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Possibly:
3)something like: "I got everything from you, you got nothin' from me" (Rick Springfield?)

Definitely:
9)Anarchy in the UK
The line is actually: "There are many ways.."

Posts: 359 | From: Princeton, N.J. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 09-22-2000 05:04 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am an antechrist,
I am an anarchist,
Don't know what I want but
I know how to get it...

Sorry, just the punk in me...

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"I am the war's forgotten boy, the one who searches and destroys...
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 09-22-2000 07:23 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A (very) easy one for you folks: my sig (no, not the glutinous rice chicken )

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"I am the war's forgotten boy, the one who searches and destroys...
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-22-2000 07:39 PM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Look out Honey, cause I'm usin' technology - I also really like the lyrics from "Five Foot One" and "Bang Bang", even though they have more of a pop sound (less Iggy). Hey, check your mail, I sent you something else.
Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-22-2000 07:45 PM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
BTW, if I had a time machine, one of the things I'd do is go to England during the Jubilee and watch the Pistols as they played "God Save the Queen" on that barge floating down the Thames
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 09-22-2000 08:56 PM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Too Much Time on My Hands.......Styx
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 09-22-2000 08:57 PM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ooops....Number 6
Lex
Member # 2831

posted 09-22-2000 09:13 PM     Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm no music expert but I just started trying napster and its a great laugh! Most unusual title found so far has to be "Stukas over Disneyland" (!?) by the Dickies - its a bit too doo-wap-wap for my first CD but I would strongly advise anyone ANYONE who fancies hearing a really rocking blast to DL "Gigantor" (2,357) also by the Dickies and if any of you are 60's kids who liked the Banana-splits then the Dickies version of this (1,821) is bound to raise a smile !

Lex Morton

PS I forgot to add that they need volume at 11 !!

------------------
"I'm just going to probe the bush's at the fork..." - "Unknown Soldier"

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 09-22-2000).]

Posts: 510 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ogdens
Member # 5312

posted 09-23-2000 09:06 AM     Profile for Ogdens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Answers to "Pop quiz"

1. Voodoo Chile-Jimi Hendrix
2.Runnin' with the devil-Van Halen
3. I've done everything for you-Sammy Hagar
4.Fool for your lovin'-Whitesnake
5.The Gene Gennie- Bowie
6. Too much time on my hands-Styx
7.Roll over lay down- Status Quo (SHAME ON YOU BRITS/CANUCKS! )
8.Ace of spades-Motorhead
9.Anarchy in the UK-Sex Pistols
10.Lola-The Kinks

Cheers!

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.