Google
Web
This Site

News Feeds

This is our archive forum. It contains posts from 1999 to 2003. If you prefer, you may participate in our current COMBATSIM.COM Forum

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM ARCHIVE FORUM   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » Burma Campaign,Skins question

Author Topic: Burma Campaign,Skins question
WOLF257
Member # 410

posted 09-22-2000 01:15 PM     Profile for WOLF257   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I've been flying the Burma/AVG Campaign with the 1st Pusuit Squadron.The AVG P-40 uses the Typhoon slot so I took one of the P-40's that normally uses the Hurricane slot,wire frame,skins and the associated files and copied them to a folder inside the Typhoon folder in Skins-n-More,I made sure I renamed all the files and registered the texture.When I fly I have the correct exterior 3D wireframe but the skins don't work.I still have the Typhoon cockpit with the P-40 cockpit skin applied to it.Needless to say it looks kinda odd.Any idea what's wrong.Thanks.

PS.
I'm really enjoying the Campaign and by my calculations the Chinese Government owes me 8,000 bucks.

WOLF

------------------
You are what you do when it counts.

Posts: 281 | From: Alabama,USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-22-2000 03:56 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You have to open the Phurr*.3DZ files with a hex-editor, and change the 'pointer' there, from Phurr*.tpc to Ptemp*.tpc - then EAW knows for which slot this 3DZ is for. No more "combo" skins then. If you don't have a hex editor, no problem:

I have P40's in Hurricane,Typhoon,Tempest and P-51B slots, and made this changes already, so I could send you the edited 3DZ-files.

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WOLF257
Member # 410

posted 09-23-2000 12:48 AM     Profile for WOLF257   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As I would probably screw something up really good.I would be gratefull if you would send me the ones you have.Thanks for the info.
WOLF
jfarmer1@mindspring.com

------------------

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 01:42 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
On the way!

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WOLF257
Member # 410

posted 09-23-2000 05:21 PM     Profile for WOLF257   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Stan,they worked exactly as advertised.
WOLF

------------------

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.