Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » New P80A Skins... Ta183 Cannon Fodder?

Author Topic: New P80A Skins... Ta183 Cannon Fodder?
J. Salty Salter
Member # 3687

posted 09-19-2000 11:20 PM     Profile for J. Salty Salter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For those of you who want to level the playing field...

These skins can be downloaded from Roger Dial's Hangar website,http://thehangar.dogfighter.com/, when they are available or if you can't wait email me at jkshio@relia.net and I'll send you the zipfile.

Happy hunting.

Posts: 58 | From: Ogden, Utah, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Alessandro Borges
Member # 4724

posted 09-19-2000 11:24 PM     Profile for Alessandro Borges   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
UAU !!!
Good work !! Very Good !!!

Posts: 362 | From: Goiania, Goias, Brazil | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
NathanKell
Member # 5590

posted 09-20-2000 12:36 AM     Profile for NathanKell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Very nice!

------------------
NathanKell
Kell's Place

Posts: 485 | From: Connecticut, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fenris
Member # 1626

posted 09-20-2000 02:10 AM     Profile for Fenris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Very impressive.
McLane
Member # 2992

posted 09-20-2000 02:30 AM     Profile for McLane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, the P-80 skins are definitely maturing. If the 3D model could be improved a bit too, it would be great.

Of course no offense ment to our 3D-engineers and skinners. What you´re doing is great. No question.

If anyone needs P-80 pictures, mail me please, I have a few.

------------------
- McLane
- Peter.Kreft@sonnet.de

- I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel - and this time it´s not a train

Posts: 553 | From: Landshut, Bavaria, Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mosi
Member # 3248

posted 09-20-2000 03:18 AM     Profile for Mosi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeff, I hope everything is going well with you - and thanks for this impressive little US-jet... a pity that I need it only as canon-fodder !
No, it's fun to have it against the Ta, thanks a lot.

------------------
"Do first the necessary, then the possible, and suddenly you reach the impossible" Franz of Assisi

Mosi's EAW-Page

Posts: 1040 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-20-2000 06:07 AM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey, just the other day I posted a request for more P80 skins. Thanks, they'll look great when shredding the 183's .
BTW, with reference to the P80 3DZ file, I've tried loading it in Alessandro's editor, but for some reason it doesn't work. It's a shame because at a minimum I'd like to adjust the texture coordinates.

Posts: 359 | From: Princeton, N.J. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 09-20-2000 06:20 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm Impressed! Super job!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 09-20-2000 08:54 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great job Jeff. Are you still working on it? I checked my mail this morning and haven't received anything yet.

It's great to see some U.S. mods.

Airbuddha

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
J. Salty Salter
Member # 3687

posted 09-20-2000 09:57 AM     Profile for J. Salty Salter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Guys for the comments,

Airbuddha,

They're on their way to you. Actually I was inspired by Ted Nomura's Luft46 art work to paint these skins. However the 3d warping made it all but impossible to do unit codes and other things. The end of the fuselage goes to a sharp edge rather than into a cylindrical shape so you can't do the rear exhaust. I was hoping that some 3D Wiz could modify the shape and allow for some improvements.The schemes on these aircraft are partly accurate and part fancy.

Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 09-20-2000 10:49 AM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great work!

Hmm...Yellow 78 is pretty ugly, I must say, Geo. But I have no problem with opening the .3dz file?

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"I am the war's forgotten boy, the one who searches and destroys...
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

J. Salty Salter
Member # 3687

posted 09-20-2000 11:09 AM     Profile for J. Salty Salter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ajax,
or anyone else who can do 3d tweaks, maybe you could try your hand with this bird. Some things that would make up my wish list:
1. more cylindrical body, especially at the rear of the fuselage.
2. Get rid of an annoying green spot right on the tip of the nose. It doesn't show up on the pcx file, so I assume it's in the 3d model.
3. Improve textures so that lines and letters on the side of the fuselage do not warp out of shape.

I'm not a 3d model maker so I don't have a clue as to what can be done. Anyone have some suggestions?

Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-20-2000 11:13 AM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ajax, you can open the P80 3DZ in Alessandro's editor? I'll have to give it another shot. BTW, I did a little creative editing and combined your yellow 78 with someone else's dark green P39 scheme. I think the combo looks pretty sharp.
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 09-20-2000 12:03 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yup, Geo, as I told you I was waiting for Beta 2 in order to make the cockpit transparent. Another thing on my list was to make the air intakes more apparent, as they were on the real thing, but we'll have to be able to add elements for this.

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"I am the war's forgotten boy, the one who searches and destroys...
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-20-2000 03:57 PM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ajax, just tried the P80 3DZ file (PP51DF.3DZ) and it doesn't work in the editor. Which file are you using?
PipsJG26
Member # 3224

posted 09-20-2000 05:07 PM     Profile for PipsJG26   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hum always pleased to add a new aircraft to the already 1144 in Stab Ready to receive an air Drop !
OMenu@AOL.com

------------------
I now fly on zone as LLv34_Doc

Posts: 485 | From: France | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Alessandro Borges
Member # 4724

posted 09-20-2000 10:21 PM     Profile for Alessandro Borges   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi !

I run the p80 in the 3dZ!editor without problems. I using a light improved Revision C,So I will put this revision for download. Please note this revision doesnot have any new feature, this is just a debugged revision !

get the debugged editor here:
http://www.geocities.com/alessandroborges/aces_over_gyn_Viewer.htm

[This message has been edited by Alessandro Borges (edited 09-20-2000).]

Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-21-2000 09:40 PM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Salty, what do you think?

Alessandro Borges
Member # 4724

posted 09-22-2000 11:06 PM     Profile for Alessandro Borges   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I dont know about the other guys thinking, but I like very much !
Lex
Member # 2831

posted 09-22-2000 11:37 PM     Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What Alessandro says!! Great work - and speedy too - well done Geo ! EAW Forever !

Lex Morton AKA BazookaJock

------------------
"I'm just going to probe the bush's at the fork..." - "Unknown Soldier"

Posts: 510 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-22-2000 11:52 PM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Alessandro, it was a lot easier because of your editor. Plus, Salty's beautiful skin inspired me I'm trying to add a pilot, but I'm having trouble with the order of elements (only the nose of the plane is visible). Maybe I'll have to consult with the Capitan
Lex
Member # 2831

posted 09-23-2000 12:06 AM     Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What Alessandro says!! Great work - and speedy too - well done Geo !

Here's 3 P80-B's from the "Hat in the Ring Mob"

Finally heres a pile of em in May 46 when the USAAF was still in existence.

EAW Forever !

Lex Morton AKA BazookaJock

This is a GREAT site about the P80 http://www.military.cz/usa/air/post_war/p80/p80_en.htm

------------------
"I'm just going to probe the bush's at the fork..." - "Unknown Soldier"

Posts: 510 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
J. Salty Salter
Member # 3687

posted 09-23-2000 12:07 AM     Profile for J. Salty Salter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Test
J. Salty Salter
Member # 3687

posted 09-23-2000 12:13 AM     Profile for J. Salty Salter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Man, couldn't get a reply to go through. Seems okay now. Geo, tried your files and looks good. I would like to see a pilot there. It looks kind of empty. I D/L ed Alessandro's 3DZ Studio, but I'm pretty much in the dark about how to use it. I'm just playing with it now to see how it works. Anyway, just wanted to say that Airbuddha has posted the skins at his web site and they are ready for general D/L for anyone interested.
J. Salty Salter
Member # 3687

posted 09-23-2000 12:19 AM     Profile for J. Salty Salter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Man, couldn't get a reply to go through. Seems okay now. Geo, tried your files and looks good. I would like to see a pilot there. It looks kind of empty. I D/L ed Alessandro's 3DZ Studio, but I'm pretty much in the dark about how to use it. I'm just playing with it now to see how it works. Anyway, just wanted to say that Airbuddha has posted the skins at his web site and they are ready for general D/L for anyone interested.
Geo'
Member # 6175

posted 09-23-2000 08:57 AM     Profile for Geo'   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Salty, like I mentioned, I'm having trouble with the order of elements part of the 3D mod (as Paulo's note say, it's the trickiest part) for the pilot. I may have to ask for help in getting it solved.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.