Google
Web
This Site

News Feeds

This is our archive forum. It contains posts from 1999 to 2003. If you prefer, you may participate in our current COMBATSIM.COM Forum

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM ARCHIVE FORUM   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » AN/ASN-143 ???

Author Topic: AN/ASN-143 ???
ketone
unregistered

posted 03-26-2000 09:31 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone know what this is for,I got one lying in my garage, made by Litton and was wondering if it was worth anything?
IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 03-26-2000 11:58 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You might have a look there:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/index.html

Enforcer

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 03-27-2000 11:45 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AN/ASN-143

Heading reference system, Inertial, Provides aircraft pitch, roll, heading, velocity, angular rate and acceleration data to fire control systems, Augments AN/ASN-128, TM 11-6605-300-35.

Taken from http://sva.theriver.com/millist/m4.html

Damnit guys, don't be so lazy! I found this link with a simple search at Altavista!

Blaze

Darkhorse
unregistered

posted 03-27-2000 06:10 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's the gyro for the compass in a lot of US birds like the Huey, Cobra and Blackhawk.
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 03-28-2000 12:25 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Erm ... the AS/ASN-43 is the gyro compass thingie, according the above link.

43 - 143, get it?

ketone
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 12:50 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since I'm fairly new at flight simming....I'm not up to speed on the terminology ...so..with that being said

It is in fact an Attitude heading ref set...please explain?
Made by Litton Guidance and Control Systems
Under project ...it has AH64A...I'm just curious if it's worth anything...thanks

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 03-28-2000 01:36 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really have no clue, before you asked here I never heard of that number.
I'm just curious how that thing ended up in your garage?

Darkhorse
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 06:40 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whoops, you're right blaze. Can't read... -43, -143...
Bud
Member # 2194

posted 03-28-2000 07:08 PM     Profile for Bud   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thing probably cost a small fortune, but wether or not you can find a buyer.....
Posts: 56 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ketone
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 11:41 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a relative who worked at a freight salvage store....once in a while...shipments of items without defects arrive!....screen t.v's, high quality stereos and...yes....apache parts...lol...I thought someone monitored this type of salvage...apparently not.
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 03-29-2000 12:45 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, I would think so too, esp. since it "Provides ... data to fire control systems".

I doubt any of the home cockpit builders has use for it.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.