my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » Jane's F/A-18 Archive 1   » Need V770 Ultra Advice

Author Topic: Need V770 Ultra Advice
eserron
Member # 95

posted 01-20-2000 10:59 AM     Profile for eserron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loaded FA18 last night, only to find that my proprietary diamond drivers for the V770 Ultra will not work. I can only run the sim using my Canopus Pure3d II. I have tried to avoid installing the latest V770 drivers because they do not include the overclocking (turbo) utility. Now it looks like I'm going to have to try generic drivers with an overclocking utility.

Is anyone running this sim with a V770 ultra and generic NVidia drivers?

If so, are you using an overclocking utility like powerstrip?

Which overclocking utility are you using, and where do I go to get it?

Thanks for helping.

eserron

Posts: 73 | From: Oak Hill, VA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulG
Member # 1798

posted 01-20-2000 11:43 AM     Profile for PaulG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HI: I use the 3.68 drivers from the nVidia site. You can add a d-word value to the registry and it adds a overclocking tool in the display panel. Also gives the option to turn vsync on or off.
e-mail me for the utility.
Cant remember where I got it or I would give you the site.
[email protected]

ps. I have the same card as you. I run it at 170\200 no probs

------------------
"Once more, Into the breech!!!"

Posts: 61 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bullethole
unregistered

posted 01-20-2000 03:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no problem running this game with my tnt2 ultra. I just use the drivers from site with no overclocking. you don't need it yet.
IP: Logged
eserron
Member # 95

posted 01-21-2000 09:59 PM     Profile for eserron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info guys. I installed the Nvidia 3.68 drivers, added the TNTClk utility (Thanks Paul, I saw it mentioned in an earlier group of posts--many seem to be using it, and that solves my concern about abandoning Diamond's proprietary driver), and now everything works with my TNT2 as well as my Canopus Pure 3d II. No freezes, no CTDs, after about 8 training missions (most with the TNT2, a couple with the Pure 3d II). Great simulation.
Posts: 73 | From: Oak Hill, VA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.