Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » Falcon 4.0 Archive 1   » New EXE for 1.08US Falcon4.EXEi

Author Topic: New EXE for 1.08US Falcon4.EXEi
Cyborg8
Member # 516

posted 12-13-1999 11:01 PM     Profile for Cyborg8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Merry Christmas from the folks at MPS/Alameda
Well gang, the lid is off, and the story can now be told.
Despite having been given their walking papers by Hasbro, the team at MPS/Alameda opted to make one last push to fix some remaining bugs ... this is the result. With the help of IBeta for testing, and the dedication of Steve Blankenship and all the programmers and support staff at MPS, we've got a somewhat improved version to play with. http://www.ibeta.com/binaries/Falcon4_108i.zip
Version "i" has better multiplayer stability, and a few other fixes which are outlined in this README document ... http://www.ibeta.com/binaries/Falcon%204%20108i%20README.html
Download it and simply replace your current Falcon4.exe with this version. You probably will want to rename/move your 1.08 exe just in case you prefer it over this release.
Version "i" requires 1.08 install.

Posts: 330 | From: West Linn OR US | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gman
Member # 854

posted 12-13-1999 11:32 PM     Profile for Gman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Heh, if this is for real, I'd suggest some form of donation be made to those who are still working on F4 even after being fired. And hell, nobody is more pissed with F4 than me, I guarantee it, but this is what free enterprise is all about imo. A bunch of guys who get it up the tailpipe who still care enough to support their product, even though it technicaly isn't theirs anymore. Give me an address, and I'd certainly forward some cash to them for their efforts.
guitarman
Member # 1348

posted 12-14-1999 12:14 AM     Profile for guitarman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Just in case someone from the falcon4 team reads this .... When I first got f4 I was disappointed because of some of the bugs but now that I've upgraded everything and played for awhile. I feel ashamed I complained. F4 is by far the most enjoyable flight sim I've ever had! I wish all of you the best and if we're lucky we all will hear from you when the next generation sim comes out. Make it known where all of you go from here. I WILL FOLLOW WITH A PURCHASE.
Posts: 129 | From: Spingfield, Missouri | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Toecutter
Member # 436

posted 12-14-1999 12:16 AM     Profile for Toecutter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Agreed! To all you guys :Thanx! It means everything to me!
Yaal make me wanna be a better man...<grin>
Hats of!!!

Posts: 1724 | From: States | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bravo45
Member # 57

posted 12-14-1999 12:46 AM     Profile for bravo45   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was very nice of them to release this patch. I really appreciate the dedication of the Falcon 4.0 team. Hopefully, some other publisher would hire them. I'm waiting for Falcon 5.0(with fingers cross).
Posts: 88 | From: Pocatello, Idaho, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
daveb
Member # 173

posted 12-14-1999 02:03 AM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for the info Cyborg.
But I have to know what that amazing discovery was.
Drop me a line at [email protected]
I pledge not to reveal any content in any mail you send me but please I have to know.
I figured something like that had happened and curiosity is killing me

------------------
Best wishes,
Dave B.

Posts: 613 | From: Windsor, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serb
unregistered

posted 12-14-1999 04:08 AM       Edit/Delete Post
This is really a historic moment! Programmers that LOVE their project so much to support it even after they have lost their jobs is something new. I hope They will find a way to continue this truly leader project in the world of combat flight sims. And when they make (I hope they will) Falcon5.0 I WILL be willing to pay not 50$ but 150$ for a sim that introduce such quantum leaps forward as Falcon4 brought (of course after it was patched).
IP: Logged
mudpi
unregistered

posted 12-14-1999 05:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post

Well, whats a guy to say amazing!!!!!!! I sure as hell havent ever heard of anything like it. Well done guys and the very best of luck!

(now how the hell do I get out of area 51??

Seriously, thanks guys

Alex
Member # 107

posted 12-14-1999 05:50 AM     Profile for Alex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had kinda hoped they would tie it all up - maybe with a GOLD edition. But it would have hung a totally unjustified guilt trip on them to ask for it. I never expected it and am full of admiration for what they have done. My faith in humankind has never been higher!

I hope it works out - but even if it doesn't, they have left a nice feeling about the whole project to contrast with the nasty taste that was left when the news broke. The last year really does all feel worth while.

I wish them all the best - they deserve it.

Alex.

Posts: 1218 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jay
unregistered

posted 12-14-1999 06:44 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Falcon 4 Team for your amazing work, and your dedication. Good Luck!
eserron
Member # 95

posted 12-14-1999 10:38 AM     Profile for eserron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
WOW! I am truly amazed by the F4 development team. The fact that this team has put together one last, "unsupported" patch after receiving their walking papers from HASBRO speaks loudly about their commitment and dedication to this simulation. It certainly shows that they took immense pride in their work.

Thank you F4 team. Despite the criticisms you have endured over the past year, there are obviously many people on this board who sincerely appreciate what you've accomplished in this simulation. We wish you the best of luck.

Posts: 73 | From: Oak Hill, VA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg8
Member # 516

posted 12-14-1999 11:09 AM     Profile for Cyborg8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I first got word of the .08i three days before .08us was released…I received my copy several days later…the date stamp was three weeks older than .08us…this exe has been in the can for some time…Their were only a handful of people who had .08i so I could not test it…so their I was sitting on what looked like a good improvement for .08us and I could not even tell anyone or even give it a satisfactory test…you can flame MP all you want…but if you ever have been in the position of trying to negotiate with an employer who has just fired you …about changing corporate policy…you would know just how hard it was to get .08i out the door. Thanks iBeta and MP guys…we will still have problems to solve but .08i was a nice parting shot.
Adieu Cyborg

Posts: 330 | From: West Linn OR US | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Marlin
Member # 152

posted 12-14-1999 05:07 PM     Profile for Marlin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'd like to add my thanks to all involved. Fantastic.

Marlin

Posts: 394 | From: Jakarta, Indonesia | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Carnivore
Member # 614

posted 12-14-1999 06:34 PM     Profile for Carnivore   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
F4 Team, I solute you. and I thank you.

sincerely
carni

Fox Mulder
unregistered

posted 12-14-1999 08:35 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Beware of Trojon virii
Dana Scully
unregistered

posted 12-14-1999 09:06 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Its trojAn not trojon :P

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.