my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum   » EECH Mods Group news

Author Topic: EECH Mods Group news
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 12-03-2000 11:58 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the EECH Mods Group and Daniel "DeStRo" Blazevic comes the EECH Weapons and
Units Tweaker.

This wicked little program lets you edit so many areas of EECH that it will blow your mind. It can be found over at http://www.simhq.comin the Combat Helo files section. A direct link to the files section http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/combat_helo/utilities/index.shtml

DeStRo included a very good readme to explain how it all works so check it out.

------------------
Z
SimHQ, Combat Helo Section
http://www.simhq.com/

[This message has been edited by Zero G (edited 12-04-2000).]

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
FlightJockey
Member # 4134

posted 12-04-2000 04:42 AM     Profile for FlightJockey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks very interesting. I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks for the info!

Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 12-04-2000 12:00 PM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just downloaded it from dogfighter.com's site. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot!

Thanks for you time and effort!

Posts: 310 | From: Fort Worth, TX USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 12-04-2000 12:47 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep if u enter a value that EECH doesnt like it will tell u what one it is while it loading so just revert back to the old value.

Make a backup of your cohokum.exe and get experimenting.
Using the figures u can make Ships do Naval Bombardments , make carrier much harder to sink, change the performance of Igla's, Mavericks, Hellfires etc.

Hopefully people will try the different values and report back there results and we can produce a utltimate set of settings

j7wild
Member # 6251

posted 12-04-2000 07:43 PM     Profile for j7wild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can I make my Comanche with unlimited ammo, fuel and invulnerable to weapon fire and missiles?

------------------

Posts: 380 | From: houston, tx, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 12-04-2000 08:05 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
do u know what not sure i cant remember a setting which deals with loadout but u can make the comanche 10 times as tough hehe.
The good thing about this in MP the settings are enforced so if u have a 10x strong commanche as host then so will the client ( well in theory he should ). I tested this with Lionpride and carrier strength and it worked i had them very strong he had them default in his exe but as host his game used my settings for the carrier strength

Reaper
Member # 964

posted 12-04-2000 09:18 PM     Profile for Reaper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It looks like you guys are going somewhere like a realism patch for EECH.
Posts: 335 | From: US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
j7wild
Member # 6251

posted 12-04-2000 09:59 PM     Profile for j7wild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You mean we will be able to cheat in MP games?

------------------

Posts: 380 | From: houston, tx, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 12-04-2000 10:36 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no what i was saying u cant so i cant have a super tough comanche compared with your default comanche what ever settings the host has are applied to all the clients. So as host with my super tough comanche so would u
buchstabe-bub
Member # 7704

posted 12-05-2000 06:15 AM     Profile for buchstabe-bub   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WUT is also available at http://www.letterboy1.com . I thank DeStRo and the EECH Mods folks for their permission to post this exciting new utility.
Steve

------------------
If you ever see a turtle on a fencepost, you know he had help getting there. S!

Posts: 118 | From: Columbus, GA, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 12-05-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought Spawnbob would have mentioned this by now, but when "we" tested the program in MultiPlay, It did some wierd things with the 'cruising' altitude.

When I set my 'cruising altitudes' to a value and Spawbob set his to a different value, it produce a strange efect.

I would be on autopilot at 100ft from the ground ( my setting ), and he would see me at about 5ft, which was his setting. Then when I took autopilot off, I would maintain that 100ft as close as possible and Spawnbob would see me 'jump' up in altitude to match the actual altitude I was at without autopilot.

We didn't get to do in-depth testing on how this effects the AI between us, so I really don't think that a public release should have been done because I have a funny feeling that there is going to be a lot of complaints popping up from Multi-Play here in the near future.

I put on my site that people should only Dl these progs at their own risk. that's why I had no prob putting them up for our "memebers" who might stumble apon them.

It's a very kewl prgram that I cetainly do appreciate, don't get me wrong.

Good Luck to everyone that uses it.

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
OBarbas
Member # 6676

posted 12-05-2000 06:35 PM     Profile for OBarbas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a thought for the future since I am sure many more "mods" are bound to appear.

I play a lot of Close Combat 3 on the Net and there are now a zillion mods (Real Red, Western Front, Finland, Afrika, etc etc) each with unique sound files, music files, etc. A fellow in the CC3 community nicknamed Zeppo developed an invaluable "configuration manager" which with a mouse-click uninstalls one mod and installs another, or uninstalls all mods and returns the game to original settings. Each mod comes as a zipped "plug-in" which is stored in a folder within the config mgr; and config mgr then unzips and installs the mod as it uninstalls and zips the previous mod.

As we EECH pilots encounter each other in future for MP play (heh heh I keep dreaming), we may find ourselves running different mods and need to duplicate our settings before we play. So down the road, EECH Mod Developers might consider developing a utility such as Zeppo's which would enable us practically instantaneously to install the same mods.

Posts: 194 | From: New York, NY USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 12-05-2000 06:39 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep that being thought of , dont know of the util you mention. but F4 Patch does a similar things for exe patches, cockpits, sounds etc.

This could be expanded into offering features such as WUT settings etc easiliy selectable via a menu.

At the moment this would work great for
textures
sounds
exe hacks like WUT
and maybe things like global changes like formation structures etc

OBarbas
Member # 6676

posted 12-05-2000 11:53 PM     Profile for OBarbas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spawnbob if you want to study the structure of the config manager go to http://www.closecombat.org/indexa.html
and select Mod DLs, then Western Front, and in there you will find Config Mgr 200 series and plugins of mods. It has been developed by the "Western Front Team" and there is a link to them if you have technical questions. The mod creators of CC3 are an incredible group of gifted guys.

By the way, anyone here up for online Close Combat 3, particularly Western Front, drop me an email [email protected]

Posts: 194 | From: New York, NY USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
o0-Potemkin-0o
Member # 8435

posted 12-06-2000 06:02 PM     Profile for o0-Potemkin-0o   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2,250 of us already have this....we are gonna have some fun with this one.
Posts: 39 | From: Middle England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.