my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Anything Similar to F-19/F-117

Author Topic: Anything Similar to F-19/F-117
Jakes
Member # 6304

posted 08-22-2000 11:57 AM     Profile for Jakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi !

I am looking for a Jet Flight Sim that is based on a career and missions similar to F-19.

I am looking for something that I can advance my rank etc. with haveing the same loose mission and theater choice. Complexity is not really an issue.

Thanks to anybody that has any suggestions.

Timbo
Member # 1789

posted 08-22-2000 12:37 PM     Profile for Timbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I never played F-19 but I know a game to seems to fit what you're looking for. Jane's USAF has four campaigns and over time you get promoted. I just finished Desert Storm and I'm a Lieutenant Colonel. In USAF you start out as a 2nd Lieutenant and work your way up to the top (General I think is the highest). And the graphics in USAF are awesome! It's not a "study-sim" but it is a lot of fun!

-Tim

Tim's USAF Page - Click Here to Visit!

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 08-22-2000).]

Posts: 709 | From: Palatine, IL, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Master
Member # 3223

posted 08-22-2000 03:57 PM     Profile for Jedi Master   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry to say that while the Jane's series is close, and is in fact closer than anything else out there, it still misses the target.
No recent sims have the theater choice those did. The last I think was the original F3/MiG29/Hornet series!
True classics that I spent many a high school night playing. <sigh>
The Jedi Master

Posts: 477 | From: Coral Springs, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 08-23-2000 05:24 AM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sim that will be the most logical follow on to your F-19 Stealth experience is DID's F-22 Total Air War (TAW). Easy to learn and operate, great graphics, good comm's, and overall excellent immersion. I really think you'll enjoy it.
btw: I have a friend who also made a similar recent 'transition' and he very much appreciates F-22 TAW.

Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jakes
Member # 6304

posted 08-24-2000 05:17 AM     Profile for Jakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you very much, your help sorted me out.

Cheers
Jakes

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.