my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » It's Great to be Alive!

Author Topic: It's Great to be Alive!
Stormin'
Member # 105

posted 07-31-2001 04:53 PM     Profile for Stormin'     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello My Friends,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have just checked-out of the hospital and will now be spending several weeks at home recovering from my heart bypass surgery.

The procedure went very well. I was very lucky to have indentified the problem before there was any damage to my heart. Being 41 years of age, this whole experience has been a big life changer for me. I was lucky that I did not ignore the warning signs several weeks ago. My surgeon took no chances and performed five bypasses to supply my heart with the blood it needs to function. Better to have as much done while the hood is open than to have to go back again later in life.

This entire episode has been painful and frightening. Let me be the example for any of you that have not been taking care of yourselves with proper diet, exercise and stress. The smart play is to have a checkup every year, listen to your doctor, exercise (even if it is just walking), and eat right. All the stuff you have heard before, but let me tell you, this surgey, while fairly routine, is not a good time. I hated putting my family and friends through the stress and strain of the past couple of weeks.

Lecture over.

I want to tell you all how important your well wishes and good cheer helped me through this difficult time. I am blessed to have friends and collegues such as you.

I'll be taking it easy for a few weeks to heal up, but I'll be online every few days to stay in touch.

Thanks again for all of your support, it made a difference in my life. I want to personally thank my good friends Gail and Doug Helmer for their care and concern. It' great to have friends like these fine people.

I have to also let all of you know what an outstanding job the staff at Marin General Hospital did and how professional they were during my stay. It's always great to work with professionals.

Again, my gratitude to everyone.

Warm Regards,
Carl

--------------------

_ _______________________ _

Carl C. Norman

"Retreat? Hell! We just got here."

- U.S. Marine Captain, France 1917

Posts: 355 | From: San Rafael, CA USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 07-31-2001 05:23 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Carl,

Glad to see you online, ol buddy! Sheesh! You continue to amaze me throughout this ordeal of yours.

Now don't go trying to settle any forum disputes over at Flanker2.com. Let Matt and the boys handle all that.

If you find yourself getting stressed just repeat the mantra: take a deep breath and while exhaling say "Loooooooooooooo," and then big inhale, and while exhaling again say "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac!"

Get well!

Gail says "Get Well!" too.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
unregistered

posted 08-02-2001 01:26 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Carl,

As a fellow 41-year-older, I have to say, pretty amazing stuff!
Friday has open heart surgery, the next Tuesday you're home and tossing quips on THE
forum, CSim that is. You're made of some pretty stern stuff! I agree with, and follow
most, of your lecture topics, the exercise one being the most lacking...

Great to see you back on board, and do repeat Douglas' mantra periodically, for the
sake of us all!

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.