my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Carl Norman Undergoes Triple Bypass Surgery!

Author Topic: Carl Norman Undergoes Triple Bypass Surgery!
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 07-25-2001 02:39 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your Thoughts and Prayers Requested!

I learned today that the venerable Carl Norman, Executive Producer at Ubi Soft Entertainment, will be undergoing open heart surgery tomorrow.

I spoke to Carl today and can report that although he sounded a bit nervous, he's an ex-Marine and he's prepared to suck it up.

Gail and I would like you all to join with us in sending Carl our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Carl will be undergoing triple bypass surgery at the Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, California.

Carl Norman is best known in the combat simulations community for the Strategic Simulations, Inc. (SSI) series of Flanker jet combat simulations. (Note: I'll keep you all posted as to Carl's progress; we should also have his hospital room number by tomorrow so we can send him those get well cards).

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 07-25-2001 07:33 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Update!

Carl just contacted me and tells me he won't be going under the knife until Friday now. (Probably been bumped by some ungrateful celeb, no doubt ). He also tells me there's no such thing as an ex-marine, just former marines

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

FAngs32
unregistered

posted 07-28-2001 11:35 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Carl,

I know you guys frequent these forums from time to time...

Your definitely one of the good-guys, and a class act to boot <G>

Our wishes are with 'ya for a speedy recovery!

FAngs32
F4 RP Group

BTW You'll be up and around in no time ;-)

IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 07-30-2001 09:08 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Update!

Color me amazed! Carl Norman actually called me from ICU on Sunday, just two days after his quintuple bypass.

Aside from the obvious post-operative discomfort he told me he feels fantastic.

I kidded Carl and told him that the new, animating sensation he was feeling for the first time in several years was created by oxygen-laden blood actually getting to his brain and body.

Carl still hasn't been moved to a room in the regular ward, but when he has, I'll provide another update.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Martillo1
Member # 2363

posted 07-30-2001 03:12 PM     Profile for Martillo1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news he's O.K.!

--------------------

Martillo

Posts: 51 | From: Madrid, España (Spain) | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.