my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Problems

Author Topic: Problems
King Kobra
Member # 9095

posted 04-15-2001 05:45 PM     Profile for King Kobra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im having some problems with the otherwise excellent Flanker 2.5. After installing the patch I found I couldn't access the training missions. Whats going on? When I try to start one, I get a message saying it can't be opened, or something along those lines.
Posts: 4 | From: Argyll, Scotland, UK | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 04-15-2001 07:48 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KK,

My understanding is that there are two types of downloads for the 2.5 patch: one with the training missions (about 100MB) and one without (about 50MB). Are you sure you downloaded the right one?

Zhukov

------------------
"History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
tiggr
Member # 2522

posted 04-17-2001 09:15 PM     Profile for tiggr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... correct .. to continue using the training missions you have to down load both the 2.5 patch 40 something meg and the 115 meg or so traing mission patch .. 2.5 uses the new missions only and to my knowledge will not use the older 2.0 misssions .. the new missions are all built on the use of the new planes and some feature the mig instead ot the SU27 ... interestingly .. missions that you have built with 2.0 will still work in 2.5 and you can even add the new mig 29 to them.... have fun and unless you have DSL sorry for the slow download .. there was an offer on the simhq site to burn cd copies of the new patch for a small fee from one of the individuals who post there .. then he will mail it to you if your internet connection is not up to the sze of the download... hope this helps

tiggr out

Posts: 19 | From: Portland, Oregon USE | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
King Kobra
Member # 9095

posted 04-18-2001 05:38 AM     Profile for King Kobra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, I know what i have to do! Download the training missions. Its gonna take a while!
Posts: 4 | From: Argyll, Scotland, UK | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.