my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Flanker 2.5 Download Available

Author Topic: Flanker 2.5 Download Available
jzydor
Member # 758

posted 03-27-2001 08:29 PM     Profile for jzydor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Subject says it all. At Flanker2.com
Posts: 17 | From: Bayshore, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
lorraineyum
Member # 9092

posted 03-28-2001 08:04 PM     Profile for lorraineyum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having now manged to download F 2.5 and install- wow this up grade is something- The flight model of the Mig 29 feels quite different from the SUE, it realy feels 'nimble & light' although I ran in trouble pretty quickly by throwing the Mig around. The differences even to the non professional i.e. me are quite noticable. What a treat this is- I have n't even started getting into anything else- really excellent many thanks Stormin, Matt and of course Eagle Dynamics.If a CD becomes avaialble I will glady purchase a copy or two.

Posts: 4 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 03-29-2001 10:39 AM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any plans on hosting this thing, Doug or Gail? I cannot even get to a save as box
on Flanker2.com...

------------------
-=Spectre=-
[email protected]

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Martillo1
Member # 2363

posted 03-31-2001 07:42 AM     Profile for Martillo1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont't see Combatsim has hosted 2.5. Why? We, subscribers, should have this service.

BTW, it's time to reorganize the 'Downloads' section. It seems to me that it's not up to date.

Martillo

Posts: 51 | From: Madrid, España (Spain) | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 04-03-2001 06:08 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoops,

There it is...

http://www.combatsim.com/pages/Game-Specific_Indexes/Flanker_2/Updates_and_Upgrades/

Links, anyways...

------------------
-=Spectre=-
[email protected]

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 04-04-2001 10:28 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Martillo,

Our public Downloads and Links department is more than just public in terms of access, it is also public in terms of keeping it up to date.

When I created that Downloads and Links area on the site, I coded it so anyone could add a URL for a link or download. Check out this page if you're not sure about what I'm talking about: Add A Link or Download.

I agree that our public links and downloads may not be up to date, but we always include the latest links in our articles which are always current.

At any rate, I accept part of the responsibility for not keeping the public Links and Downloads area current, but I set that resource up for the community to utilize and submit links. Why? Because we used to get emails from folks saying they had this or that link and it took us a ton of time to create the entries in our then existing Downloads and Links areas. With the current system, all the pertinent info is entered by the users and we simply have to approve of the submission.

I suppose I need to do a better job trying to educate folks that it is a community-powered utility.

As for the hosting of large files such as the Flanker 2.5 update on this site, we still cannot afford such bandwidth. I don't know what "arrangements" other sites have, but our bandwidth is too expensive to be hosting such large files.

As for creating a special download area for members-only, we'll look into that, but for now, the ability to control hacking on our FTP servers isn't the same, or as good, as on our main site.

------------------
Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.