my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Flanker 2.5 Announcement

Author Topic: Flanker 2.5 Announcement
Mrs. Admin
Member # 9013

posted 03-01-2001 06:02 PM     Profile for Mrs. Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt Wagner, Producer/SSI, made the following announcement this afternoon at www.flanker2.com

Given the large interest in the Flanker 2.5 upgrade by consumers unable to access the 80-megabyte download, we have joined forces with Electronics Boutique to distribute the Flanker 2.5 upgrade CD with existing boxes of Flanker 2.0. This low-priced bundle of approximately $20.00 will contain all the contents of Flanker 2.0 including the original V2.0 CD, a complete V2.5 CD, and the manual. We expect this to be available at EB by late March.

Given this extra time, we have included new training missions and an installation option that will enable owners of the earlier versions of 3Dfx Voodoo graphics cards to access higher resolution textures. We will also use this time to create an option to download the Flanker 2.5 upgrade as a group of several smaller files versus the single, large 80-megabyte file.

Although the V2.5 upgrade will be available for purchase with the boxed Flanker 2.0, we have every intention of making the upgrade available as a free download. The free download will not be made available until shortly after the Flanker 2.5/Flanker 2.0 bundle is on store shelves in late March. Thank you for your patience.

Matt Wagner
Producer
Game Studios / Strategic Simulations, Inc. (SSI)

------------------
Gail Helmer
Managing Editor
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Admin (edited 03-01-2001).]

Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 03-02-2001 02:59 PM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No complaints here. Thanks for the news.
Gambit21

I LOVE YU
Member # 134

posted 03-02-2001 11:52 PM     Profile for I LOVE YU   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don’t know why are you persistent in providing free upgrade!? Twenty dollars is just about right price for the upgrade alone, yet we will get bonus, original F-2.0 and manual!!!! Go for it Matt, I will be among the first to buy that new bundle, although I got F-2.0 already. The new one will go in the case with all other valuable backup software!

Regards,

Rabina
Member # 9070

posted 03-03-2001 10:59 AM     Profile for Rabina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wishing you all the best Matt & co. You guys deserve success the second time around. I'm actually pleased that you are going to get some cash into the project from newbies and simmers who didn't take the plunge at the end of '99.

------------------
Cambiare Uniform 31

Posts: 14 | From: Brütten, ZH, Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.