my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Flanker 2 Demo.....Is this the way the Sim goes ??

Author Topic: Flanker 2 Demo.....Is this the way the Sim goes ??
DeltaMike2
Member # 6871

posted 02-24-2001 11:12 PM     Profile for DeltaMike2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys...I am only looking for the facts...not trying to "bad-mouth" anybody's favorite Sim...

I downloaded the 37 MB Demo for the Flanker 2. I am used to Jane's quality of plane detail. I thought that the Flanker plane was really not up to that, and I see that they want nearly $50 for the Sim.

I AM interested in adding it to my Hangar. Any Friendly comments about my observation ??

DeltaMikeTwo

Posts: 200 | From: Port Angeles, WA...USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Desmo
Member # 7531

posted 02-25-2001 01:18 AM     Profile for Desmo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DeltaMike2,

50 bucks for a sim is next to nothing if you look what you get, be it F/A 18 or Flanker 2.
I hate comparing sims that have a different focus, both do very well what the designers intended. F/A is intended to give you a big picture of naval aviation. F2 is focused on individual engagements with great close quarter AI. Add to this the gorgeous feeling of being in the air and very nice terrain with loads of details. F2 is worth to buy for the flying alone, you can do Flanker special aerobatics or instrument flying in bad weather (great turbulence effects) or trying to cope with system failures.
I don't know what you really mean with quality of plane details, I can only assure you the dedication of the F2 developers to the sim shows up everywhere !

Pollux

Martillo1
Member # 2363

posted 02-25-2001 06:30 AM     Profile for Martillo1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go ahead! This sim is a jewel. Download the 2.03a patch to be at latest level and enjoy flying.

If you didn't know about it, the 2.5 addon will be released for free (you can fly Mig-29 and there are many improvements). Check it at http://www.flanker2.com

I used to play F4. It's an excellent sim and I enjoyed it so much, but now I play F2 most of the time. It appeals more to me. Why? I don't know, but from playing many sims (MigAlley, F4, F/A-18, C-H, etc) now I only play F2.

Last Friday mi PC got infected by "Happy San Valentin" and I had to remove the partition and install the OS from scratch (not to mention everything else). On saturday it vas up and running and the only apps installed by Saturday are F2 and Aliens.vs.Predators.

Hmmm... I havediscovered something new 'bout myself: I'm totally hardcore!!!

Cheers

Martillo

Posts: 51 | From: Madrid, España (Spain) | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DeltaMike2
Member # 6871

posted 02-25-2001 09:51 AM     Profile for DeltaMike2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, Fellows...

I have only been at the Computer Simulations for about a year. In that time I have collected six (6) flight Sims...and have wasted a lot of time finding where I belong, that is, what I really feel like putting the effort of learning. I have been working at F/A-18 for a few months, now. I have Falcon 4, which I expect to get to, one day. I had heard about Flanker2, and so I downloaded the Demo....I really didn't know what to expect. I suspect my own need for the extreme complexity of F/A-18 probably overshadows the "play" of the game, so I immagine I will pass on Flanker 2.

Good to find there are happy and dedicated followers, though.

Good Luck...

DM2

Posts: 200 | From: Port Angeles, WA...USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stinger
Member # 15

posted 02-25-2001 05:24 PM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi DM2,

You can not use the very old demo of Flanker 2.0 to judge what you will find in the current Flanker 2.03 and the upcoming, soon to be released, FREE 2.5 upgrade.

Buy the sim I say!

------------------
Cheers,

Stinger

Owner of the Flanker FBO
http://stinger.flanker-arena.com

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.