my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » "lock On" Wish list

Author Topic: "lock On" Wish list
skins
Member # 9072

posted 02-22-2001 02:37 AM     Profile for skins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt,

As Combatsim has not opened this thread on the board yet I wish to start one.
I know that asking questions about the planned features, in Lock On, is a difficult 'one' for your team, for all the reasons you have so eloquently outlined, here and elsewhere.
Please be patient with us, and simply read some of our ideas, whether they ever make it into the product is another matter altogether.

Something I have always wanted to see in the Flanker series has been a degree of reflection of the 'electronic' battle field, and by that I am talking about the inclusion of tactical electronic jamming platforms. They are an integral component of any strike package, and their inclusion in Lock On would certainly up the ante as far as the degree of 'simulated realism' is concerned, at least to the extent that any simulation can realistically expect to model such complicated facet of modern air war-fare. Your thoughts on this matter are much appreciated.

Al the best

Posts: 8 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rabina
Member # 9070

posted 02-22-2001 02:53 AM     Profile for Rabina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry dude - Matt stated on the Flanker site that Lock On has been finalized and he wants to get the product out on time, on budget.

------------------
Cambiare Uniform 31

Posts: 14 | From: Brütten, ZH, Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
skins
Member # 9072

posted 02-22-2001 05:47 AM     Profile for skins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I take your point- the wish list may be next to useless, but I'm hoping Matt can provide some information about whether there are any plans to implement any modeling of 'tactical jamming systems, after all Matt was on Janes F15 and in that SIM they did model the 'Sparkvark'. Dont get me wrong I'm not complaining I'm just optimistic!

Cheers.

Posts: 8 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-23-2001 12:43 AM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's absolutly nothing wrong with a wish list as long as everyone realizes it's just that, a WISH list.

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

Posts: 413 | From: Santa Rosa, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.