my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Theatre?

Author Topic: Theatre?
skins
Member # 9072

posted 02-19-2001 07:46 AM     Profile for skins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess judging from the appearance of those Turkish F4s that the new theater for Lock On will be......Black Sea/Eastern Corner of Turkey border with Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan?
Am I close? You wouldn't tell me even if I were... it does not matter I can wait.

Posts: 8 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-19-2001 01:44 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The setting for Lock On will take place over the Caucuses of the eastern Black Sea. This is a mountainous region and will be a big change from those used to the Crimea. The setting for the conflict will likely be the result of oil transportation rights from the oil-laden Caspian Sea. This will escalate into an "intervention" by NATO forces in the region and will lead to The Second Oil War. Not that a war would ever come of oil...

That's the plan at least...

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

Posts: 413 | From: Santa Rosa, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
skins
Member # 9072

posted 02-19-2001 07:17 PM     Profile for skins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt,

Many thanks for the info- the setting is excellent. The Mountainous regions of the Caucuses will be a great place to fly low level.
This SIM should be quite something.
All the best.

Posts: 8 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
lalalele
Member # 9068

posted 02-19-2001 08:57 PM     Profile for lalalele   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt, thanks for the info... just wondering if this area is being included in addition to the crimean area (is my geography correct the crimean area is in the northern black sea?) also, can you give an idea of the comparative sizes of the maps? the caucuses sounds great. thanks
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-20-2001 01:45 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really don't know yet lalalele. Please remember that we're still in an early stage of the project.

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

lalalele
Member # 9068

posted 02-21-2001 09:52 AM     Profile for lalalele   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
understand. thanks for the reply and info.
Rabina
Member # 9070

posted 02-22-2001 02:56 AM     Profile for Rabina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt - Americans going to war over oil? Surely you jest, he, he........

If you want any airfield information in the new theater, runways, layouts etc - e-mail me for details.

------------------
Cambiare Uniform 31

Posts: 14 | From: Brütten, ZH, Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-23-2001 12:45 AM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer Rabina. If Eagle Dynamics--the developer and actual creators of the title--ping me for data on this, I'll drop you a line.

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.