my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Lock On: Modern Air Combat

Author Topic: Lock On: Modern Air Combat
Overkill
Member # 5169

posted 02-16-2001 01:28 PM     Profile for Overkill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt,

I am pumped about this one. It has two of my favorite planes, the F15 and the A10. Please, when you can, tell us about the campaign. Is it branching, dynamic, does it even have one? The campaign will make this sim for me if it's what I like.

Lookin' forward to the news.

Posts: 597 | From: Midlothian, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Desmo
Member # 7531

posted 02-16-2001 02:32 PM     Profile for Desmo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm very excited about this sim too. Great they decided for the F 15 C, that's probably a much better balance than with the F 14.
Anyway, with the gorgious flight feeling of Flanker 2 it very much sounds like this sim will be a survey sim very close to a study sim.
Matt, you mentioned the incredible immersion in your announcement. Does that mean Lock On will get more comms, also Airfield and Carrier Traffic Control ?

BTW, had a blast yesterday with two Lufthansa 737 pilots flying aerobatics online in extremely close formation in the Russian Knights birds for around one hour. These guys also just love it ! And I lost a lot of sweat

Desmo

Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-16-2001 03:48 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys,

Right now we are in a very early stage of the project and most of the game functions have not been finalized, much less coded in (like the campaign structure and comms). When they are, I promise you that I will be making formal updates to tell all about these features. At this point I'm not going to announce planned features in the event that we're not able to implement them for one reason or another. I’ve seen far too many instances in this industry of publishers announcing features before they’ve been coded in. All too often some of these features do not make final code and this in turn leads to accusations of the publisher being deceitful and worse. In fact, I can think of a recent case of this on the flanker2.com forum. For now I'll only be able to comment in generalities.

I hope to make a more detailed announcement in a couple of weeks that will outline goals of what we intend to accomplish in Lock On.

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

Posts: 413 | From: Santa Rosa, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Overkill
Member # 5169

posted 02-16-2001 07:28 PM     Profile for Overkill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry Matt. I saw a post by Carl that made me think it was a bit further along. Take your time, but since it is still early, think Dynamic campaign. That would be just too awesome!

Just by the planes involved I am practically sold. I just need to know about the campaign and avionics. BTW, for being early on, those screenies look very nice!

Posts: 597 | From: Midlothian, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
skins
Member # 9072

posted 02-16-2001 11:27 PM     Profile for skins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt and the team,

Congratulations on 'Lock On' a very impressive vision indeed. I can not believe that the inclusion of both the F15C, and A10 will not attract a wide interest base, in this sim, which is a exactly what you want as well as the long term Flankerphiles, need, to allow this genre to continue.

I truly wish you are the Flanker team the very best of luck, and can only hold my breath to wait and see the product of your team's endevours.
I dying to know what the Theatre is?

------------------
skins

Posts: 8 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.