my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Flanker 2.5 Upgrade Preview

Author Topic: Flanker 2.5 Upgrade Preview
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-13-2001 04:20 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anyone has some questions regarding the Flanker 2.5 upgrade, I'll try to address them here.

Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

Posts: 413 | From: Santa Rosa, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
BlackLion
Member # 3737

posted 02-14-2001 03:25 AM     Profile for BlackLion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Matt!

first of all, a big S! to you and of course your team!
Though I fly mainly EAW now, I bought Flanker 2 only recently and just begin to fully appreciate it!
Besides I love the Flanker, having seen some great performances at airshows and I even managed to have a short sit in one during the Zeltweg Air Show in Austria last year!
(an example of the Ukrainian Air Force)

well, I just have a few question, concerning the upgrades available for Flanker 2 right now!
I read that to upgrade to 2.5, you just need a clean install of Flanker 2 and install the 2.5 over that!
I do have 2.03a right now, including the TAR file mover and some other stuff!
Will I need to remove all this and install Flanker 2 new again and then upgrade to 2.5 and after that, will 2.5 still be compatible with all those great skins available and the TAR file mover?

and, as I only have the German Version of Flanker 2, will 2.5 be compatible with this also?

and a final question; will there be training sections for A2A refuelling, or even, will there be new training sections at all, for after upgrading to 2.03a, the old training files were no longer loadable;

and a side question, I read about the tweak in F/A-18 that made A2A refuelling more difficult than it should be;
I had no problems, refuelling in JF-15 or USAF (after some practice of course), so will there be a "patch" or some other thingmie to correct that too?
I only once managed to hook up and I thought landing on a carrier is what sets Naval Aviators apart from their fellows flying from land !

ok, I guess thats enough from me now!

looking forward to get some answers from the Man himself!

Best Regards and S!

BL

------------------
Though I walk thru the valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil as I am the meanest SOB in the Valley

Posts: 294 | From: any Cockpit I can get my hands into | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-14-2001 01:52 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flanker 2.5 may run fine with an install over 2.03a, however, all of our tests assume a clean 2.0 install. So, trying to run 2.5 on top of 2.03a will be at your own risk--if there is indeed one.

I just got hold of a German copy of Flanker 2.0. I'll be testing it with 2.5 this evening.

I really have no idea regarding patches for Jane's products, as I'm no longer employed by EA.

Hope that helps,
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

BlackLion
Member # 3737

posted 02-14-2001 03:12 PM     Profile for BlackLion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! Matt

thx for your answers!
well, I presume as 2.03a worked over the german version, so should 2.5, at least I hope so!

will there be tutorials for the new thingmies in Flanker 2.5?

and, maybe, could you explain how that tanking in JF/A-18 was tweaked?

Keep up your great work, I am looking really forward to the release of 2.5 as I definitely love both, the Flanker and the Fulcrum!!

BL

------------------
Though I walk thru the valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil as I am the meanest SOB in the Valley

Posts: 294 | From: any Cockpit I can get my hands into | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
amramski
Member # 9069

posted 02-15-2001 02:04 AM     Profile for amramski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,

could I have more detailed info about
missiles in F 2.5? I'd like to know
how option EASY - MEDIUM - REALISTIC
are modelled and whether these settings
are also valid for for AI objects.

Cheers.

Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-15-2001 03:35 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacklion--

There will be no new tutoials that will be part of the Flanker 2.5 upgrade download, however, it looks like we may make available a separte download that will consist of some new training missions.

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

Keener
Member # 9071

posted 02-15-2001 05:37 PM     Profile for Keener   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt,
I was wondering if custom loadouts were added for player-flyable A/C in 2.5? If so, is it like those old F2 preview screenshots here on Csim? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards,
Keener

[This message has been edited by Keener (edited 02-15-2001).]

Posts: 3 | From: Charlotte, NC, United States | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 02-15-2001 06:42 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not for 2.5 Keener.

------------------
Matt Wagner
Producer/SSI

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.