my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Problem with AI carrier landings

Author Topic: Problem with AI carrier landings
fjacobsen
Member # 298

posted 12-26-2000 02:05 PM     Profile for fjacobsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hav emade a mission where two flights of two SU-33, has to take of from the carrier, attack some tracking radars and return to the carrier.
The problem is that after they have attacked the radars, they somtimes return to the carrier where only two of them will land and the rest will plum into the sea, or one of the flights simply fly to the nearest land based airbase and land.
When attacking the radars they also continue to attack with guns and CBU allthough I have ordered them to attack with antiradar missiles.

What´s wrong ?

Posts: 29 | From: Billum, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
alfa
Member # 6731

posted 12-26-2000 04:31 PM     Profile for alfa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Davs fjacobsen,

Hmm strange behavior - I tried to recreate your mission by setting up two flights from the "Kuz" both wings assigned with anti-radar missions using the Kh-31P. Both flights attacked their assigned targets with the Kh-31P and destroyed them - they did circle around a bit before launching though. One reason why you cant get them to attack with the anti-radar missile might simply be that they cant get a lock-on - the Kh-31P uses passive radar homing and unless the target is actively using its radar thereby emitting a radar pulse the Kh-31P has nothing track and the AI-aircraft might resort to other types of weapons.
As for the landing-thing - yup - I had two wings of 3 aircraft each - the first aircraft of the first wing landed on the carrier then the first aircraft of the second wing followed by the second one from the first wing and finally the second aircraft of the second wing - the two remaining aircraft turned and landed at a nearby airport - running out of fuel? - seemed to be plenty of room left on the carrier.
(damn I feel silly writing in English to a fellow Dane )

------------------
JJ
Airwing Kuznetsov
http://homed.inet.tele.dk/airwing/

[This message has been edited by alfa (edited 12-26-2000).]

Posts: 47 | From: Denmark | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
fjacobsen
Member # 298

posted 12-27-2000 01:46 PM     Profile for fjacobsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mange Tak (Thanks alot)

The fuel issue was also one of my thoughts, but I have tryed to move the Kuz closer to the action point with no help.

I have also found out that the ´circling around the target´problem could be caused by the fact, that the assigned target was not succefully destroyed with the Kh-31p´s.

Posts: 29 | From: Billum, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.