my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Slewable Ctrl+F1 and other viewing enhancements

Author Topic: Slewable Ctrl+F1 and other viewing enhancements
Attila
Member # 853

posted 11-19-1999 01:53 PM     Profile for Attila     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RanRodee:
quote:
...all I am 'missing' is my slewable ctrl+F1 view...

I'll sign up to the slewable Ctrl+F1 idea as well! (that's even before I have received my F2 copy --- I have a good imagination though... :-).

Since look-through-turns mode is similar to pad-lock mode, ie. it is a head "auto-mode", I suggest that manual panning breaks this mode and that you have to return to it explicitly by reactivating it. Still as easy, and even more flexible. Apply the same to pad-lock (if it doesn't already work like that).

Head bopping should have a separate on/off toggle available in all modes (manual panning, look-through-turns and pad-lock). Why not?

Glancing mode is temporary and should snap back to previous viewing direction and whatever mode (as it probably does?). By "snap" we all of course mean "move fast and smooth"! Please: No instant view changes in the cockpit, all changes in view direction should be smooth, although fast enough to be usable, even forward glancing. Rationale: Smooth viewing helps spatial orientation and control.

Also, when loosing sight in pad-lock mode leave the head pointing over the shoulder, and return to manual panning mode --- don't snap forward --- the user can do that explicitly, ie. more control to the user (This is based on 1.5 --- disregard if it doesn't apply to F2.)

Can't wait to try all this out... more later... :-)

Posts: 579 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 11-19-1999 07:52 PM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second your thoughts ... mine included !

RR

------------------
Visit my OklaCity GameDomain
http://home.mmcable.com/ranrodee
IE 4.0 or better / fellow gamers wanted to participate

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.