my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » They said it couldn't be done...

Author Topic: They said it couldn't be done...
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 11-19-1999 05:35 AM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Knowing that my American adversary would be invisible to my radar I selected a narrow IR scan and concurrently engaged my Mark I eyeball to anxiously search the heavens from the stoic cockpit of my SU-33. A chance view of high altitude contrails gave me the initial advantage. However I was soon to learn that the fly-by-wire F-117 Night Hawk is more maneuverable in the thin ether then my craft. I was forced to the defensive, but as we got lower and slower in the spaghetti the performance pendulum swung in my favor. Several times I had to disengage to build ‘smash’ but through judicious energy management and maintenance of corner velocity I was able to close on his six. Given his super-cooled exhaust I was unable to lock up a longitudinal IR shot. I moved closer and switched to guns. My initial cannon volley was slightly off the mark, but adequate to further diminish his maneuverability. He also lost some of his IR shielding and I was able to engage a ‘heater.’ The missile ran true and hot and moments after impact I was treated to the sight of my opposition taking the silk elevator. As I climbed into the brisk Crimean air I barrel rolled and savored accomplishment of a feat many thought impossible. In the end it always comes down to the quality of the pilots over the quality of their craft.
RTB

Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gel214th
Member # 961

posted 11-19-1999 06:42 AM     Profile for Gel214th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice
Posts: 135 | From: Trinidad | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 11-19-1999 08:58 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeay!
... need more of those "there we were" Stories...

RR

------------------
Visit my OklaCity GameDomain
http://home.mmcable.com/ranrodee
IE 4.0 or better / fellow gamers wanted to participate

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.