my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » F2 won't run, help!

Author Topic: F2 won't run, help!
The Ghost of Silverswift
Member # 50

posted 11-18-1999 07:09 PM     Profile for The Ghost of Silverswift   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'll play the intro, but not the game. I got a HP P2 300, 160RAM, the standard (ie. "non-removable") ATI Rage 8meg primary, and twin Voodoo 2-12. Well, here's the error message, any suggestions?

Program version: 110992359
Create Primary Display Driver.
gD3DcreateSurface DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY failed: DirectDraw does not have enough video memory to perform the operation.
DirectDraw report:
Hardware Emulation Layer.
Textures memory: Total 0 : Free 0
Initialize Raster
Create Primary Display Driver.
SetCooperativeLevel failed: The CooperativeLevel HWND has already been set. It can not be reset while the process has surfaces or palettes created.
Primary Display Driver filed.
Create Diamond Monster 3D II DirectX 6 Driver : mnstr2
Restart DirectDraw
Initialize Raster
Create Diamond Monster 3D II DirectX 6 Driver : mnstr2
SetCooperativeLevel failed: The CooperativeLevel HWND has already been set. It can not be reset while the process has surfaces or palettes created.

------------------

Posts: 211 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Saint19
Member # 199

posted 11-18-1999 07:17 PM     Profile for Saint19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ghost,

Here is the faq on Flanker 2.0. It has info on 3dfx cards and the problems some people have had and how they got it to work.
http://www.stncroft.demon.co.uk/faq2.html

Well I hope this helps. YOu may have to delete the intro folder as it has worked for some people.

Saint19
P.S. SSI is working on these issues as a priority in their first patch hopefully out shortly.

Mailman
Member # 14

posted 11-18-1999 10:53 PM     Profile for Mailman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the problem may be the video card...Ive seen a few others in this list with similar problems and they too have ati cards.

Sorry, cant help much more than that

Regards

Mailman

Posts: 766 | From: Wellington, New Zealand | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.