my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Is there any way to *plonk* {=DC=} ?

Author Topic: Is there any way to *plonk* {=DC=} ?
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-18-1999 11:36 AM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please tell me there is a killfile option on Ultimate BBS?

Please?

-Fodder

RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 11-18-1999 11:39 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe... rock on Fodder
I agree whole heartly.

RR

PS: When do we fly again? ICQ me! (RainMan)

------------------
Visit my OklaCity GameDomain
http://home.mmcable.com/ranrodee
IE 4.0 or better / fellow gamers wanted to participate

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bystander
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 11:47 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't like somebody pointing out problems with F2. You F2 guys sure had fun pointing out all the problems with F4.
IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 11-18-1999 12:00 PM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... what can I say?
I was on the F4 beta teamm and I like it alot.

And I love Flanker2... Am I in trouble now?

I enjoy Flanker2 as it is. Its a very pure Fighter Sim. Its very detailed, its great fun online and it feels just right.
... and I say it again, for me it works out of the box, all I am 'missing' is my slewable ctrl+F1 view, some online carrier ops (which seems to be already addressed by SSI) and some taxi/brake-chute/sounds...
The missile issue and other stuff is already taken into account by SSI as well, so no complaints, no worries either.
And No, I don't have a Voodoo card, so the perfomance is pretty darn good.

RR

------------------

Trinity
Member # 899

posted 11-18-1999 12:31 PM     Profile for Trinity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems DigitalCrimz changed his name. An idiot by another name is still just...
Posts: 69 | From: The Matrix | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
jgalante
Member # 565

posted 11-18-1999 03:02 PM     Profile for jgalante   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pointing out problems is one thing, being an asshole is another...
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-18-1999 03:11 PM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey RanRodee (The Rain-Masta)!

Yep, I'll definately look you up next time I'm on line! I cant wait for the Flanker 2 ladder to go live!

As for another name, check out the double post above buy {=DC=}... lol "bystander"? DC, your so deep incognito it hurts. :P

As far as dissing Falcon? I LOVE Falcon! The only thing is that mind is just a little too simple to absorb all the radar setings. Soon as I get a mental upgrade I'll be all over F4! Other than that Falcon is incredible, nothing else like it.

-Fodder out

[This message has been edited by fodder (edited 11-18-1999).]

Nick Grey
unregistered

posted 11-19-1999 12:24 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RanRodee,

I like your "slewable" ctrl F1 idea. Please expand on this. Do you mean that by using num pad one can position the center of your "natural head" where you want it within your exisitng max head movement?

Thank you,

Nick Grey

RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 11-19-1999 01:18 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Nick
... yeah, you nailed it. Basically I would love to see the CTRL+F1 view slewable the same way as the regular head panning-view and have it snap back as soon as you let go the key (or the Coolie Hat for that matter). I would like to be able to do all the things with it that I can do with the regular view...
a) go to padlock
b) glance forward
c) look down to see the instruments
and so on...

The natural head movement is the best inside the cockpit view I've ever seen and I would love to be able to do more with it

Thanks for listening!

RR

------------------

JA
unregistered

posted 11-19-1999 06:17 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can you imagine a padlocked ctrl+F1 with a smooth glance forward? Talk about immersion, realism, and utility! That would make this sim essentially perfect regarding cockpit view. I agree with RanRodee, the ctrl+F1 view is the best I've seen as well, and to be able to use it in close dogfighting would be great.
HelpDesk
unregistered

posted 11-19-1999 09:27 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can do a head-down while in Cntrl-F1 view - just press Keypad 0. But being able to slew the head and have it snap back after the key is released is a great idea.

HelpDesk

fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-19-1999 10:40 AM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great idea, RanRodee.

I wonder how viable it is for SSI to integrate this into the sim?

I would LOVE to be able to use this...

Attila
Member # 853

posted 11-19-1999 01:49 PM     Profile for Attila     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll sign up to the slewable Ctrl+F1 idea as well! (that's even before I have received my F2 copy --- I have a good imagination though... :-).

Since look-through-turns mode is similar to pad-lock mode, ie. it is a head "auto-mode", I suggest that manual panning breaks this mode and that you have to return to it explicitly by reactivating it. Still as easy, and even more flexible. Apply the same to pad-lock (if it doesn't already work like that).

Head bopping should have a separate on/off toggle available in all modes (manual panning, look-through-turns and pad-lock). Why not?

Glancing mode is temporary and should snap back to previous viewing direction and whatever mode (as it probably does?). By "snap" we all of course mean "move fast and smooth"! Please: No instant view changes in the cockpit, all changes in view direction should be smooth, although fast enough to be usable, even forward glancing. Rationale: Smooth viewing helps spatial orientation and control.

Also, when loosing sight in pad-lock mode leave the head pointing over the shoulder, and return to manual panning mode --- don't snap forward --- the user can do that explicitly, ie. more control to the user (This is based on 1.5 --- disregard if it doesn't apply to F2.)

Can't wait to try all this out... more later... :-)

Posts: 579 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.