my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Flight Model

Author Topic: Flight Model
Fixxxer
Member # 512

posted 11-17-1999 04:33 PM     Profile for Fixxxer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, All,

I start with plane full of fuel. I can pull max 7.0 g Then when i am left with 2 tons of fuel I can pull max 6.5 gs. Is this normal. I can never pull 9gs and I am pretty sure the su27 can pull at least 8. Even the book says I should be able to go from -3 to +9. Now this is very important for me cuz I save my flights and then caluclate G load and determine my rate of turn. If the G load display is screwed up in the game I would like to address this as an issue for future patches. I want exact readings so I can perfect my flying abilities. Thank you

Later

Posts: 211 | From: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ozias
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 05:59 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Flanker carries a LOT of fuel

airfrane weight = 16000 kg
100% fuel = 9700 kg

So, for a fuel load, about 40% of the weight of the aircraft is fuel. In other words,you are flying a big fat elephant of a plane at full fuel load, not condusive to high G manuevres.

IP: Logged
rrevved
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 12:33 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Be sure your joystick is calibrated properly.
Fixxxer
Member # 512

posted 11-18-1999 07:35 AM     Profile for Fixxxer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My plane is almost empty and my joystick is calibrated. Now press f2 and watch your G. If anyone pull 8 or 9 without Autopilot engaged or damaged Flight Control please report. I'd like to know. Second when i carry 4 tons of fuel i seem to outperform f16 even if i put it on my 6. Now here are some numbers. At speed of 450 kmh i pull 3.9, f16 pull 4.1. According to these numbers F16 has better turn rate, but i am still able to outturn the american. This means that the G load displat doesnt count properly.

Posts: 211 | From: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ozias
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 08:29 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The corner speed for the flanker is about 750 kph.

Lav
Member # 250

posted 11-19-1999 08:53 PM     Profile for Lav   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the same problem. In the cockpit, the G meter shows somewhere around 7 G's, it's not very precise or readable. The external view shows a max of 7.0 to 7.1 G's at corner velocity, pretty much regardless of fuel load. Tried disengaging AOA limiter too, with no effect. I, too, would like to know what's going on, and to hear from someone who gan get 8+ G's out of the Flanker.

Lav

Posts: 266 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG2_FireCat!
Member # 225

posted 11-19-1999 11:47 PM     Profile for JG2_FireCat!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

How do I disengage the AOA limiter?

Posts: 172 | From: Venice Beach, California | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 11-19-1999 11:55 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Press "K".
Juergen
Member # 821

posted 11-20-1999 01:11 PM     Profile for Juergen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
engage autopilot in combat mode
Posts: 5 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dietger
Member # 497

posted 11-20-1999 01:42 PM     Profile for Dietger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Juergen nice to see ya here
Posts: 112 | From: Konstanz,Germany | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Prosac
unregistered

posted 11-21-1999 01:00 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all...

When I'm flying straight and level (well, in turns too actaully) the a/c kind of "wobbles". I suspect it might be the fact that I use joy+thr+rudder on my gameport and that I can't calibrate it so that it "settles down" completely. but I'm not sure.. and I want to be.

Is the wobbleing part of the flight model or is it my calibration? I'm running the demo and the realistic model.

If it is my gameport that lags it really sucks since I've been told that a gamecard won't help me much... =(

Any ideas or tips is of course greatly appreciatated.

See you.

/P

PS. I use F16FLCS, TQS and RCS on a Montego I soundcard. The port is supposed to be able to handle at least two analouge axis... I'm using four now... Hmmm....

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.