my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Flanker 2.0   » Is there a Demo?

Author Topic: Is there a Demo?
SideShow1
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 04:05 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wondering is there a demo of F2?
IP: Logged
={.D.C.}=
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 06:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No there isn't a demo avail.

I found this site the other day with some other interesting facts. Check it out!

http://members.xoom.com/digitalcaper/Flanker_2.x_FaQ.htm

Turbo
Member # 209

posted 11-18-1999 07:39 AM     Profile for Turbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boy! After reading that, no wonder they don't have a demo out...
Sean Decker
Member # 795

posted 11-18-1999 08:53 AM     Profile for Sean Decker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The demo should be available for download in the next few days from www.flanker2.com

------------------
Sean Decker
SSI
Producer

Posts: 21 | From: Novato, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 09:51 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The link in the second post above is full of interesting "facts", such as F2's failure to model...hardpoint damage? Inability to shoot down incoming A2A missiles with...A2A missiles? They don't even mention how ZSU-23s fail to engage satellites! Carl from SSI had some remarks about the above site in an old thread, which I urge anyone who is thinking of passing on F2 to read first.
JA
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 10:04 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
P.S. 'Flanker 2 "The Facts"' is the topic of the thread.
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 11-18-1999 10:13 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm...
On my page I have some facts as well.
Just wanting to let you know

Go read. I am excited everytime I fly Flanker. Its really good. This BS the above guy is trying to pull is a joke...
Check my review and some screens I took while flying online. Flanker2 is awesome, with some minor issues.... I never had that much flight-sim joy out of the box

http://home.mmcable.com/ranrodee

(The Java Nav bar I made works best in IE4 and better)

Cheers,
RR

------------------
Visit my OklaCity GameDomain
http://home.mmcable.com/ranrodee
IE 4.0 or better / fellow gamers wanted to participate

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-18-1999 05:44 PM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is now...
www.flanker2.com

Turbo
Member # 209

posted 11-18-1999 10:04 PM     Profile for Turbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just tried the demo out, and I must say that I plan to buy this sim ASAP. I don't care what people like or don't like, and I don't care if some of you guys nitpick it to death, it's an excellent sim. Nothing's perfect, plain and simple. Reminds me of a good movie, there's always some guy pointing out the unrealistic stuff and the flaws. Just remember it's just a movie (sim), it's not real...
JA
unregistered

posted 11-19-1999 05:48 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope it was clear that what I said in my post was a joke, meant to highlight the silliness of many of the critcisms of F2 on the Flanker 2 'The Facts' site. The sim does have some shortcomings which SSI will most likely address in patches, but it is definitely a must-buy, and I wouldn't regret spending my $44.99 even if there was no further support or enhancement for this product. RanRodee's review hits the nail right on the head, especially regarding flight model, sense of speed, and graphics detail.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.