my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Gaming Community Discussions   » Buy & Sell   » For Sale... (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: For Sale...
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 02-03-2002 05:17 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bilko's bluffing. If he was really selling the teapot I could have had it for three pesos and a piece of string.

Now why would he bluff, I ask. What is his cunning plan?

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 02-16-2002 03:22 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never mind about the bluff. I've been quietly watching this thread for 15 months waiting for the chance...I don't care what condition it's in I'll give you three thingmies, 3 schillings and a ha'penny.
What do you say?

--------------------

"Will someone get this bloody lobster claw out of my back?"-Adolf Galland ME-109F2 April 1941

Posts: 1304 | From: In a water tight cavern under Sydney Harbour Bridge | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lady Z
Member # 8459

posted 03-29-2002 09:11 PM     Profile for Lady Z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zhukov:
Bilko's bluffing. If he was really selling the teapot I could have had it for three pesos and a piece of string.

Heck, we coulda had it for a 6-pack of Rolling Rock last summer...
Bother...

--------------------

"When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray..."

"Keep your chin up. Makes it easier for life to deck you." Old Guy

Posts: 1840 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 05-09-2002 07:07 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright, according to the Magna Carta and various Statutes of Limitation, I claim the Teapot as my own.

Should anyone wish to challenge this, please contact my barrister.

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 05-18-2002 07:54 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zhukov:
Should anyone wish to challenge this, please contact my barrister.

Z

What's your stairway railing have to do with all this, Z?

--------------------

Check six & aim for the cockpit.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it. ."-- Edward R. Murrow

He who sacrifices freedom for security is neither free nor secure" - Ben Franklin

“I believe that freedom of speech should not be so abused by some that it is not exercised by others because of fear of smear. I believe we must not become a nation of mental mutes blindly following demagogues. I believe that we should never become mental mutes with our voices silenced because of fear of criticism of what we might say.” -— U.S. Sen. Margaret Chase Smith, R-Maine, 1950, Declaration of Conscience Speech

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pathfinder
Member # 4573

posted 06-13-2002 05:08 PM     Profile for Pathfinder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, ok, I'll make a bid!.....er,

5000 and a shiny thing!

--------------------

Pathfinder's Skins For EAW, Now Available At:
http://www.sandbaggeruk.com/dallas.html

Utrique Paratus

We are the Pilgrims master, we shall go alway's a little further. Over that last blue mountain, or that glimmering or angry sea....

Posts: 225 | From: South West Coast, United Kingdom. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lady Z
Member # 8459

posted 07-17-2002 09:56 AM     Profile for Lady Z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
now that's quite a bid!

Gonna have to kick Binky awake for this one. He likes shiny things.

Posts: 1840 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.