my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Joysticks & other Input / Output Devices   » QS Masterpilot question

Author Topic: QS Masterpilot question
eserron
Member # 95

posted 10-05-1999 02:18 PM     Profile for eserron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a question for those of you who own a QS Masterpilot. I'm thinking about buying one, despite the programming problems people have reported having with faster machines (I still have my old P233 sitting around). Is it possible to have the Masterpilot and your keyboard connected at the same time? Do you have to disconnect your keyboard to use the Masterpilot, or can you connect your keyboard in series to the Masterpilot? Alternatively, if you have a USB compatible keyboard, can you connect the keyboard to the USB port and at the same time connect the Masterpilot to the keyboard PS/2 connector?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.

Posts: 73 | From: Oak Hill, VA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Michael K.
unregistered

posted 10-05-1999 04:48 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Masterpilot is daisy-chained with the keyboard. You can use either device any time you like. Also, if your CPU runs on 66MHz bus, you will not face any programming difficulties.
If you WILL buy it - get the Programmer too.
I have the whole thing connected to a Suncom HOTAS, and it works very well.
Sorry, but no experience with the USB...

IP: Logged
Groucho
Member # 266

posted 10-05-1999 06:18 PM     Profile for Groucho     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Negative on the USB Keyboard chain...the chain must be terminated with your keyboard, and the MP is a PS2 and/or DIN connector. You can hook the MP up using a Y-Mouse USB to PS2 adapter, as long as the MP chain is terminated by a keyboard emulator of some kind.
This setup was gone over ad nauseum in a similar thread in this section of the forum. Check it out

Posts: 530 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.