Source: Blue’s News
Deep Silver and 4A Games announce the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition will be released this spring. Their work on updating Metro Exodus for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 4 resulted in a complete overhaul of the game’s ray tracing support. These enhancements are coming to the Windows edition of the first-person shooter sequel for systems with ray tracing GPUs and will be provided as a free update to owners of the original version of the game. They also take the opportunity to announce that the macOS and Linux editions of Metro Exodus will come later this year.
For PC players, we’re taking advantage of our new Fully Ray Traced Lighting Pipeline and the latest GPU-capable hardware from NVIDIA and AMD to offer the ultimate Ray Traced experience – the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition.
This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and we will need to deliver this version as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players.
The PC Enhanced Edition will offer additional Ray Tracing features, including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions.
Applying the same philosophy as our Xbox and PlayStation upgrades, this PC Enhanced Edition will be FREE to all existing Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam, and GoG. You can expect the PC Enhanced Edition to release later this spring.
For a full breakdown of the new Ray Tracing features across Gen 9 consoles and PC, see the chart below.
- FULL RAY TRACED LIGHTING THROUGHOUT – EVER LIGHT SOURCE IS NOW RAY TRACED
- NEXT-GEN TRACING & DENOISING
- NEXT-GEN TEMPORAL RECONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- PER-PIXEL RAY TRACED GLOBAL ILLUMINATION
- RAY TRACED EMISSIVE SURFACES WITH AREA SHADOWS
- INFINITE NUMBER OF RAY TRACED LIGHT BOUNCES
- ATMOSPHERE AND TRANSPARENT SURFACES RECEIVE RAY TRACED BOUNCE LIGHTING
- FULL RAY TRACED LIGHTING MODEL SUPPORT WITH COLOR BLEEDING AND FOR EVERY LIGHT SOURCE
- ADVANCED RAY TRACING REFLECTIONS
- DX12 ULTIMATE SUPPORT (INCLUDING DXR 1.1 AND VARIABLE RATE SHADING)
- GPU FP16 SUPPORT AND THOUSANDS OF OPTIMIZED SHADERS
- SUPPORT FOR DLSS 2.0
- ADDITION OF FOV (FIELD OF VIEW) SLIDER TO MAIN GAME OPTIONS
- 4K TEXTURES ADDED TO PACKAGES
- FURTHER BUG FIXING / POLISH PASS