The first post-CMO LIVE DLC has been announced, and once more it recreates a highly accurate scenario from real-world situations.
Broken Shield 300 depicts how the Heyl Ha’Avir (or IAF, Israeli Air Force) would act in case of a military escalation in Syria and its final activation of S-300 missiles batteries to protect Iranian assets.
The situation in Syria has turned volatile pretty quickly again. On the 3rd of January 2020, the Iranian General, leader of the Quds Force and people’s icon, Qasem Soleimani was killed by US Armed forces near Baghdad International Airport.
Iran authorities swore a strong retaliation; however even the hardliners were painfully aware that, for the moment, an open attack on US forces stationed in the region would be suicidal, so they had only one viable option left to pick from as their target – Israel, Iran’s other sworn enemy.
The only way to conduct such an attack without direct repercussions to Iran itself would be by using the proxy forces located in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon. These forces however needed some time for proper preparation if the attacks were to be effective. Certain assets and weapons, not yet present there would have to be positioned.
This has resulted in the proliferation of A2/AD capabilities in the region, especially with the introduction of ‘triple digit ‘SAM systems such as Russia’s S-300 PMU-2 (SA-20B) and S-400 (SA-21), making Syria more inviolable with each passing day, threatening the Israel Air Force even in its own airspace.
If Israel wants to keep its crucial air-superiority, the destruction of the majority of Syrian S-300 positions becomes mandatory.
- Playable as Israel (main side) and Syria (limited experience)
- Carefully researched scenario featuring authentic representation of the Israeli Air Force down to the individual tail numbers in the respective squadrons
- Feasible Russian made IADS network composed of both modern [S-300 PMU-2 (SA-20B), Buk (SA-17), Pantsir (SA-22)] and legacy [S-75 (SA-2), S-125 (SA-3), S-200 (SA-5), Kvadrat (SA-6), Osa (SA-8)] air defense systems
- Realistic “what if” scenario aimed at exploring the ways to crack up to date IADS networks using all the tools available to a modern day western commander like long range stand-off weapons, OECM platforms, space based assets and even cyber attacks
- Challenging scoring system based on the necessity of maintaining very low to non casualties and extracting downed pilots from enemy territory via SAR operations before they are captured by the enemy for propaganda purposes – rich backstory along with a developing one through the scenario
Get more information on the Command LIVE – Broken Shield 300 official product page.