After a fairly long break, we have a new update for Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager!
This brings the Slitherine version up to the same level as the recently released GOG one.
Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager (SPM) is the ultimate game of space exploration. The game features the race to the Moon, the historical event that started in the early 1960s and that ended in July 1969, after the successful completion of the Apollo 11 mission. To verify its accuracy and authenticity, the game has been developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
- Fixed a bug in the general stats screen shown at the end of the game.
- Added functionality in order to validate the fact that a rocket is not being used by a scheduled mission when attempting to close it.
- Revised the list of Soviet candidates from all three employee groups.
- Changed the TLI property of the Atlas-Agena from 366 Kg to 390 Kg. This value is more realistics and will allow players to use it in the ‘Lunar Orbiter program’.
- Achieving the ‘LK lander test in Moon orbit’ goal will now grant the achievement of ‘Soyuz 7K-L3 lunar orbital flight’.
- Removed the ‘Venus Orbiter’ goal penalty from the ‘Venera 7 Venus Lander’ mission.
- Fixed a bug that triggered a runtime exception when players exceeded the maximum number of turns.
- Accomplishing the 28_TEST_EARTH_ORBIT_LANGLEY_LIGHT_LUNAR_LANDER and 30_EARTH_LEM_TEST goals grants the DOCKING goal.
- Fixes to the ES (Spanish) strings that were causing issues with the tutorial.
- Fixed goals cancelled by 28_TEST_EARTH_ORBIT_LANGLEY_LIGHT_LUNAR_LANDER and 30_EARTH_LEM_TEST (DOCKING).
- Added functionality for cleaning the data cache when exiting the game.
Get more information about Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager from its official product page.