Rising Storm 2: Vietnam players can look forward to one of the biggest multiplayer updates released to date with today’s launch of the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam MP Campaign update from publisher Tripwire Interactive and developer Antimatter Games. Following a successful beta and out now on Steam, the update introduces a new 64-player Campaign Mode that charges players with deciding the fate of the war in Vietnam. Choose between Northern or Southern forces and fight for control of key territories from 1965 through 1975 with available forces and weaponry varying depending on the year.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam MP Campaign key features include:
- Full 64-Player Campaign Mode
- Choose your side: Take control of Northern or Southern forces, battling for control region by region
- Fight from 1965 through 1975 with different forces and weaponry available to each side as time progresses
- Select regions to compete for, the army to use, and the map to fight over
- Northern forces can make strategic use of the Ho Chi Minh Trail option to bring stronger People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) forces to bear
- Southern forces can respond with carefully timed use of the Search and Destroy option
- Added Variety: Fight over classic maps with new armies, different Commander abilities and weapons, and different attackers and variety
- Help decide the fate of the Vietnam war!
Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter games are also excited to support the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam modding community with a brand-new player-made map included with today’s official release of the MP Campaign update.
New Map – Highway 14: Winner of the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam $40,000 Modding Contest, this massive map finds the US Army fighting along a highway through difficult terrain, clearing objectives while NFL guerrilla forces work to stop them at every opportunity.
As with every significant update, today’s Rising Storm 2: Vietnam MP Campaign update also includes a large number of smaller updates, bug fixes, and quality of life enhancements, including:
- Tripwire Traps and Tunnel Spawns can now be placed on more surface types, making them more useful in urban environments.
- New Cosmetics: ARVN forces now get their own variant of ERDL camouflage and tiger stripe boonie hat. US forces get Mitchell Cloud camouflage.
- New Thunder Clap sound effect: In response to a request from a Rising Storm 2: Vietnam mapper, the developers have created a new single sound effect for a clap of thunder, replacing the existing looping effect – and hopes the player enjoys using it!
Available now on PC, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is the sequel to Rising Storm, PC Gamer magazine’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, published by Tripwire Interactive and developed by Antimatter Games. Command your team to victory in massive 64-player battles with authentic weapons, aircraft, and maps that pit conventional military forces against guerilla forces.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Rising Storm 2: Vietnam news and information at www.rs2Vietnam.com.