Source: Blue’s News
Ubisoft officially announces Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 following the inadvertant revelation of plans for the shooter sequel. The post there is the English version of the statement that leaked early. They have also posted a roadmap for the franchise, which they note is celebrating its second birthday. The roadmap includes plans to support the first The Division, which is covered in more detail in this State-of-the-Game update which discusses the next two patches. Here’s word on the road ahead:
The Division’s second birthday is finally here! We have been hard at work since the launch of the game and have some news to share with our community. Yes, there is a Division 2 that is currently under development by Massive! The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible – Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy – will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store!
This does not mean that work on The Division 1 is coming to a halt. We are going to continue supporting the game as players look forward to the following timeline of content:
- April – Update 1.8.1, which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game. We are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
- May – New Global Event: Onslaught.
- June – Update 1.8.2, which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
- July – Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
- August – Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
- September – Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.
It has been quite the journey so far, and we are just getting started. A huge thank you to our community for the support over the years. Here is to the future of The Division!