Source: Blue’s News
A new trailer from Insurgency: Sandstorm shows more of the modern combat in this upcoming military first-person shooter. No need to pop any corn for this, as the clip is a pretty short 42 seconds, and half of it is logos. Here’s word on what we’re seeing here:
“See a new Fire Support option in action: an explosive autocannon gun run. Fire support can be called when two special player classes, the Commander and Observer, are in close proximity to each other. The Commander first gives the order for the type of Fire Support he wants, then the Observer uses his radio to make the request.”
About Insurgency: Sandstorm:
Fight across a modern battlefield utilizing gameplay mechanics that blur the lines between reality and shooter – split second decisions will mean life or death for you and your team. Each weapon has unique ballistic calculations that take into account things like bullet drop and penetration power. Choose to drop magazines for faster reloads in dangerous situations, carefully open doors to keep quiet, or bash doors down with a shoulder charge, and much more.
Participate in large-scale battles in up to 16-versus-16 skirmishes with artillery barrages, helicopter gunships, repurposed commercial drones, air strikes, and drivable land transport vehicles. Battle across expansive maps with interiors to breach and high-value objectives to control with your team. Each map’s size and play areas are adjusted specifically for each game mode and can also be played in co-op against bots.
Like its predecessor, Insurgency: Sandstorm rewards teamwork and objective play over personal success. Players will also finally see long awaited features such as character customization, ranked matchmaking, and many more.
- The 3,6 million selling Military FPS comes enhanced and expanded.
- Built in Unreal Engine 4, the game takes the series into a new era on PC and, for the first time on Consoles
- Fight across a modern battlefield utilizing gameplay mechanics that blur the lines between reality and shooter
- Battle across expansive maps up to 16-versus-16 in online multiplayer, or in co-op against bots
- Emphasis on strategic teamplay with in-game positional voice chat and a clever use of vehicles and air support
- Compete in Insurgency: Sandstorm’s ranked modes which rewards teamwork and objective play
Visit the Insurgency: Sandstorm website featuring a few more trailers, screenshots and community links.