Air-combat action game developer Ace Maddox is pleased to announce the “Touchdown” Steam Update is live for Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China. The single player campaign has been completed and full voice over has been implemented to all 12 missions, there are new cockpits added for the B-25B bomber and the A6M2 Zero and P-51D Mustang fighters. There’s also a new option that lets aspiring multiplayer pilots restrict/set the control-style for online matches. Furthermore, rendering has been improved (again!) so aircraft, landscape and weather look vividly lit and more authentic. There’s also been a multiplayer menu refresh, now match modes are clarified/renamed to DOGFIGHT VS, TEAM DOGFIGHT, ROCKET MATCH VS, TEAM ROCKET MATCH, and FLY THE FLAG.
Check out the narrated YouTube video for details or skim through the changelog below for a quick overview.
- Single player campaign mode completed, full with 12 voiced missions.
- All campaign aircraft have cockpits implemented, including the B-25B bomber in the FINAL FLIGHT mission.Cockpits were also added for two non-campaign fighters, the Japanese A6M2 Zero and the P-51D Mustang.
- Rendering has been improved once again so now aircraft, landscape and weather look richer and more vividly lit, especially if you’re running the game on the CINEMATIC graphics setting.
- There’s also a new multiplayer setting that lets hosts restrict control-style for matches, so if you want to go head to head in an online game with players flying EXCLUSIVELY with the more advanced PITCH & ROLL setting, log into Steam, grab this update, get airborne and knock yourself out!
- Match modes have been renamed for clarification, so for example, the MASTER OF THE SKIES multiplayer mode is now called DOGFIGHT VERSUS, and we’ve got ROCKET MATCH VERSUS and TEAM ROCKET MATCH, and so on.
- Cockpits added for Japanese A6M2 Zero and the P-51D Mustang.
Get more information about the game at the official Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China website.