Source: Blue’s News
Digital Combat Simulator website now offers the DCS: SA342 Gazelle, a new helicopter for Digital Combat Simulator World, the a free-to-play combat game. Here’s a trailer showing the whirlybird in action.
The SA342 Gazelle is a light scout/attack and transport helicopter. It was introduced in 1968 as a result of cooperation between Aérospatiale and Westland Aircraft. Operated by 23 countries, the Gazelle has served in combat operations across the world including the 1991 Gulf War, 1982 Lebanon War, Syria, and other conflicts.
The Gazelle is powered by a single turbine engine that is connected to three glass-fiber reinforced plastic main rotor blades with a bearingless main rotor developed by Bölkow GmbH. It is also the first helicopter which features the famous Fenestron tail rotor.
The version featured in DCS is the anti-tank version that is armed with four HOT 3 anti-tank guided missiles. Later, free upgrades to this module will feature Gazelle versions armed with a GIAT machine gun, rocket pods, Mistral anti-aircraft missile, and sniper team in rear compartment.
Key Features of DCS: SA342 Gazelle:
- Accurate and highly detailed six-degrees-freedom (6DOF) cockpit and external model
- Mouse interactive cockpit with authentic systems modeling
- Fully modeled weapon system including weapons sight and HOT 3
- Exciting and challenging campaign
- Interactive training missions
- AFM (Advanced Flight Model) that simulates all flight phases and characteristics of the Gazelle
- Inclusive flight manual
- Gazelle skins covering many countries